In Verneuil d'Avre and d'Iton, a city with a rich medieval heritage, discover the church and its famous tower, 56 m high!
It was at the founding of Verneuil by Henri 1er de Beauclerc, Duke of Normandy and King of England, at the beginning of the 12th century, that the construction of the Church of Ste Madeleine began. The tower was built at the end of the 15th century, reaching then about fifteen meters. The Tour de la Madeleine is today the symbol of the city: it is when night falls and it is adorned with its lights, that the Tower, visible from miles away, reveals the wonders of its details ...
Regularly, the Tourist Office organizes tours ascent of the Tower, the opportunity to admire from the top of five centuries of history, a panorama to take your breath away!
Ranking & labels
- MHC listed (listed historical monument)
- Average duration of the individual visit: 60 min
- Average duration of the group visit: 60 min
- Groups welcome up to 9 people.
- Free parking
- Bicycle parking
Prices & payment methods
- Credit card
- French bank and postal checks
- French "Chèques vacances"
- Contactless payment